Atlassian recommends using API tokens to allow third-party applications to access your JIRA Cloud account. To do this, you'll create an API token in your Atlassian account and use it as your password credential when you create a new JIRA connection in Pleexy. Read on for step-by-step instructions.
Create API token
Start by creating an API token in your Atlassian account:
- Log in to https://id.atlassian.com.
- Go to https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens.
- Click Create API token.
- Enter a meaningful name for the token.
- Click Create
- Click copy to clipboard
- For security reasons, you won't be able to view the API token after closing the creation dialog window. If you forget to copy the token, create a new one.
- Store the API token securely, just as you would any password.
Connect with API token
After you copy the API token, use it to connect your Jira Cloud account:
- Go to http://app.pleexy.com/ and connect your Todoist or Wunderlist.
- In the New connection list on the right side of the page, select JIRA.
- Enter your JIRA credentials:
- Enter the URL of your JIRA cloud (for example, https://yourcompany.atlassian.net) in the JIRA hostname or URL to JIRA site field.
- Enter your email in the JIRA username field.
- Paste the API token in the JIRA account password field.
- Click Connect JIRA.
For Atlassian API token documentation, please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html.